Do you own a Ford F150 and constantly monitor the condition of your car? Then you have found what you were looking for. Why? Because today I’m going to tell you another way to improve your Ford’s performance by installing a Best Cold Air Intake for Ford. In fact, it’s one of the most important elements in a car, which is why installing it correctly is so critical. But if you’re still not sure how to do it correctly and most of all quickly, then don’t worry, because after a while you’ll find it easier to do. So, hurry up and read the article so you can be up to date!
The process of installing a cold intake system for ford is actually very simple and quick. What’s more, you definitely won’t need the help of a mechanic or special additional tool. The set of tools you need is very small, which includes:
- 8 mm socket
- 10mm socket
- T-20 TORX bit
- Flathead screwdriver
The first thing you need to do before installing your cold intake system is to check that all the items are in place. Then, I also suggest that you do read the instructions in the kit carefully.
The next thing you need to pay attention to is preparing the surface for installation. You must work on a clean and flat surface and make sure that the engine is off. This is for your safety.
TIP: Before you start working, let the engine cool down a bit to avoid contact with hot engine components.
Cold Air Intake Installation
- The first thing you need to do is of course open your hood. Then carefully disconnect the brake aspirator hose from the fitting on the clean air tube.
- Your next step is to disconnect the PCV line fitting from the clean air tube. After that, you will be able to see the hose clamp. This is what you will find between the tube and the receiver cap. You need to loosen it a little bit.
- Next, just repeat the same process with the clamp, but between the clean air tube and the motor housing. You also need to remove this tube from the ford f150 and then transfer the clamps from it to the new clean air tube. You should then install the brake aspirator fitting into the clean air tube gasket.
- Then disconnect the MAF sensor wiring harness from the MAF sensor. Also, I will warn you that you may notice a red locking latch that is on the underside of the connector.
- Disconnect the top 3 clips of the airbox cover. Remove the cover and factory air filter from the lower airbox tray.
- Then all you have to do is move the MAF sensor and fasteners from the factory air box cover to the new cold intake system tube.
- This will be followed by the installation of the modern filter element on the MAF tube. Do not tighten the clamp as the orientation of the filter may need to be adjusted after it has been installed in the vehicle.
- Next, try inserting the 2 J-clamps you learn in the kit on the airbox lid. Insert the MAF tube and filter assembly through the bottom hole into the new system air filter lid.
- Your next step is to attach the EPDM seal around the MAF tube. After this action, make sure that you fasten it firmly to the edges of the receiver.
- Then with two M8x25 bolts you need to mount the MAF tube to the airbox lid. Note that the torque is up to 20 Nm. Orient the filter so that it sits at a slight forward angle.
- Then attach the already new airbox lid (airbox lid / filter / MAF tube) to the ford. If necessary, adjust the filter so that it does not touch the bottom of the box. Be sure to tighten the filter clamp firmly.
- Finally, you can already install the new clean air tube between the throttle body and the new system box lid. Secure the air box cover clips and tighten both clips on both ends of the clean air tube. Then carefully attach the hose of the brake aspirator to the fitting in the clean air tube. Connect the PCV line fitting to the clean air tube port. Connect the MAF wiring harness connector to the MAF sensor and just snap the lock back on.
1. Be sure to check that you are wearing eye protection for safety before starting work.
2. You must have the ignition switch in the OFF position in advance.
3. It is advisable to apply the parking brake while installing the cold intake system.
4. In order to avoid uncontrolled movement of the Ford.
5. block the front and rear surfaces of the tires.
6. Before installing the unit, make sure that you have chosen a suitable room to work in. It should be free and ventilated, especially when starting the engine, to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide.
7. I advise you not to smoke near the workplace for your safety.
8. Never allow flames, sparks, or flammable substances near the battery.
9. I advise that you choose your work clothes carefully, as loose clothing can probably get caught in the rotating parts.
10. Keep your hands and any other objects away from the radiator fan blades
Now you know exactly how to properly, safely, and quickly install a cold intake in your ford f150. You will agree that the installation process is not as complicated as it seemed before. More than that, after all, you didn’t even need a huge number of tools, and that’s a big advantage. With the cold intake system, you will immediately see positive results when driving and starting the engine. In the end, did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, I also suggest you write a comment about what you thought of it and your experience. You can also share this link with your friends. Have a great trip!