Have you started to notice that rust or scale has appeared on the engine of your Ford? Don’t worry, because I have a solution! I offer you to install a coolant filter on your truck. This is most likely the first time many people have heard of this device on the internet, but this extraordinarily useful device is designed to clean the engine coolant from rust and small metal impurities. Moreover, it prevents the radiator from clogging and engine overheating. But if you do not know how to properly install the Coolant Filter Ford 6.0, then I can definitely help you!
Steps for Installing the Coolant Filter
- First you need to make sure that the Ford cooling system is cold, as hot coolant can cause burns.
- Then remove the coolant tank cap.
- Next you need to install the plug in the extra hole with thread sealant. But this is in case you are not using the coolant temperature sensor.
- TThe next step is to assemble the hoses. Then take a hose with a smaller fitting and put it in the reservoir.
- Next, simply attach the filter head bracket to the head. You need to do this with two hex bolts and lock washers.
- On the passenger side of the radiator, remove the 10mm stud from the support bracket and install the filter bracket.
- Place the previously removed stud through the filter bracket and then route the hose with the smaller fitting through the radiator fan guard and to the coolant reservoir hose.
- Then cut the hose to attach the fitting.
- Then attach small clamps to each side of the cutting hose. Insert the “tee” fitting into the hose completely.
- The next step is to drill holes for the selected zipper ties.
- Then run the hose with the larger fitting to the heater hose and cut the hose in a straight section.
- Then you need to slide the large hose clamps in on each side of the cut, and then secure the clamps.
- Install the coolant filter and there is the next step. Attach it to the filter head.
- Next, try to start the engine.
- Your last step is to install the reservoir cap.
First, you need to check if you have chosen the correct type of coolant. Why? Because it has a conditioner, which normal automotive green coolant lacks. This additive is not only anti-corrosion and enhances durability.
You should also note that over time you will need to take a small sample of the coolant and let it settle. If it settles, it’s best to shorten your service intervals and flush the system more often.
Now you know how to properly install the coolant filter on your Ford. Agree that it’s not that difficult. As you now know, this filter is able to clean the antifreeze from the many additives it contains, as well as rust and scale. In the end, did you enjoy my tutorial? If so, then I encourage you to also share your experience and thoughts in the comments and share the link to this tutorial with your friends.