If you own a Ford F150, the most powerful and fast car on the market, then you probably know that the Brake Pads and Rotors for Ford F150 are one of the most important elements of the vehicle. More importantly, they need to be replaced and it’s very necessary. But do you know the way to do it properly and quickly? If not, then today I will tell you in detail how to do it in the best way. So, if this interests you, keep reading this article.
Speaking of time, it won’t take you more than an hour to install new front rotors. Not bad, right? After the replacement, you will see a good result right away.
Now Let’s Proceed to Install the New Brake Rotors
- First, you just need to lift your hood of your Ford and try to locate the master cylinder. After that, carefully remove the cover from it. Your next step will be to remove about half of the brake fluid from there and then change the cap.
- After that, I suggest you get a jack so that you can easily lift the side of the Ford that you will need for further work. After that, you need to remove the nuts on the wheel, use a wrench to do this. Using pliers, carefully remove the brake caliper. Also, do not forget about the bolts that you will find on the back of the caliper.
- Then you can see the lubricant cap that you have to remove. You will find this on the wheel hub. Then use pliers to remove the cotter pin.
- After that, take a socket wrench and just unscrew the spindle nut. This process will definitely not take you long. Then use a screwdriver to remove the bearing retainer. And you’re almost done!
- Before you remove the wheel rotor, remove the bearing first. In this case, you need to do this with your hands, not with tools.
- Now you can already install the Best Rotors for Ford F150. In the process, you just need to replace all the items you removed earlier and that’s it. Also, don’t forget to replace the wheel bearing and also the bearing retainer at the end. Put the spindle nut back on and then do the same with the cotter pin.
- Apply new grease to the lubricant cap and replace it on the wheel. Reinstall the wheel and tighten the mounting nuts. Repeat this process for the other wheels.
In fact, the process of changing the brake rotors is very simple and not as long as you may have previously thought. What’s more, as you’ve noticed, you won’t even need the help of a mechanic. Best of all, you will immediately notice a change in your driving afterward. In addition, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial very much. If so, then I also suggest that you write your thoughts on it in the comments or share the link to this article with your friends. Have a great trip!